Radford Felted Yarn

Radford Felted Yarn is the world leader in felted yarn technology. Founded in 1992 by director-shareholders, Woody Radford and Jack Radford, the Christchurch-based company was initially set up as a manufacturer of apparel and other novel and exotic yarns.  It has since grown to become a highly-respected producer of premium felted wool yarns which are sold to high-end rug and carpet makers around the world.

Radford Felted Yarn was one of the first companies in the world to commercialise continuous felting technology. Felting is achieved by subjecting woollen slivers to axial forces as they are drawn through a temperature-controlled felting liquor.  This allows for a wide range of yarn styles and types to be produced that cannot be replicated using conventional yarn spinning methods. As a result, these unique-looking yarns are able to support the highly distinctive looking wool carpets and rugs which are particularly well suited for the premium end of the market.

Cavalier Corporation bought a 75% stake in Radford Felted Yarn early in 2011 and the remaining 25% stake in December 2012.

Visit website

CAV0477_Radford Yarn RGB_Logo_2014.jpg
felted yarn red coil.jpg
felted yarn through bath.jpg
radford yarn montage.jpg
ElcoDirect Logo CMYK.png cavalier-bremworth.png norman-ellison.png radford.png woolscourers.png