Cavalier Corporation was formed and listed on the New Zealand Stock Exchange in 1984. Today, its key activities involve two broadloom carpet businesses, a carpet tile business, a yarn business, a commission wool scouring operation and a wool procurement business.
Cavalier Corporation has more than 5000 shareholders and over 900 employees throughout New Zealand and Australia.
- To be the market leader, and the most preferred supplier, by focusing on brand values, superior product quality and innovation, and outstanding customer service.
- To foster an organisational culture dedicated to best practice and continuous improvement in product quality, customer service, and operational efficiencies.
- To attract and retain the very best people and to provide them with the environment to develop and grow.
- To develop long-term alliances, with key business partners, which are strategic to our business units.
- To ensure that returns from current and new investments in our existing business units exceed the Group's cost of capital.
- To actively seek and evaluate growth opportunities that best fit our investment criteria and risk profile.